Friday, July 11, 2014

Back to School

Can you smell new pencils burning out that new electronic pencil sharpener?  The laminator warming up getting ready to eat all of the new things you made over the summer?  Can you feel the sweat dripping down your back because your school has no AC until the students arrive?  Do you hear millions of parents praying for summer to be over?

I know, it's not even August yet.  It seems so wrong to be writing about Back to School.  I mean, the Fourth of July was just last week!  Sadly, school here in the desert is starting earlier each year.  I am set to pick up my classroom keys on July 28th.  Yes.  July.  Crapola!  That doesn't leave much time, but it sure is fun to do some shopping!  I'm all a flutter because I found clearance Crayola markers for 58 cents a box at Target.  And I have one Office Depot bag with penny deals for the week.  Don't be too jealous, ok!!  I'm sure I will make up the difference when I buy new bulletin board boarders AGAIN (oh, I need a picture of the overflowing box in my office).  And I'm certainly ready to charge up my credit card with some of my TPT wish list items.  Hurry up, and put them on sale already!!

Anyway, school supply shopping is as exciting as black Friday without having to stand in line for hours on Thanksgiving.  I can't wait to visit Lakeshore and CM School Supply.  Those stores are teacher heaven!

Hope to see you all there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment